Arin Wilson Outworks Her Competition!

Senior captain of the girls lacrosse team has a lot going on at school.

Arin Wilson is a senior captain of the girls lacrosse team, a vice president of the Drama Club, and the publicist for the Book Club. She likes to sing, and she loves performing in plays and musical theater. 

Arin started playing lacrosse six years ago in the summer of her seventh grade year. She played on a recreational team near her home, called The Lions. She also played on a club lacrosse team on a scholarship. 

Arin chose to play lacrosse here at GHS, because she has been playing the sport for a while and she loves lacrosse. During her freshman year, she was a part of the team that became the Pacific League Champions.

Arin took on the role of captain as a senior, and she now has a large leadership role as the goalie of the team and the leader on defense. She loves being a captain, because she enjoys teaching the younger girls, going to games with them, and being a person that they are comfortable to turn to when they need help. She feels very accomplished, because people trust her and she is a person that people want to be around.

Arin has enjoyed her time as a Nitro athlete, because she loves her teammates and has a deep love and respect for the sport. Her time on the team has been a good experience for her. She loves being out on the field with her friends, laughing and having a good time. “We could be losing by ten points and still [be] laughing and enjoying our time,” she said. Arin also loves the energy that everyone brings to the team.

The lacrosse team for Arin feels more like a family than anything else. She and her teammates make sure that everyone is included and feels like a member of the team. 

For Arin, the most difficult part of being a captain is bringing everyone back to the subject at hand, because they are an easily distracted team. Being that person that has to bring everyone back on track can be difficult, but in the end it is an enjoyable time. 

One thing that Arin wants everyone to know about the lacrosse team is that they are a hardworking group that is devoted to their sport. If you would also like to join the lacrosse team, you should email Coach Joe Campbell at [email protected], or you can talk to him in Room 7201.

Isaiah Galindo
Isaiah Galindo, Staff Writer
Isaiah is a freshman at Glendale High School. He enjoys hanging out with his friends, listening to music and watching anime.