Which Nugget Is Better?

Our food critic returns to decide if Chick-fil-A can bring down the McNugget
Which Nugget Is Better?

Chicken nuggets.

These battered treasures are fried for your satisfaction for any meal or snack. This very simple food could be a determining factor for your experience with that restaurant. Many fast food restaurants have their own nuggets, and some, of course, are better than others, but I will be reviewing the top two restaurants with the best nuggets: McDonald’s and Chick-fil-A. 

This is a very controversial topic, so I will be reviewing only the nugget itself, and letting you all know why the Chick-fil-A nuggets are superior to the ones found at McDonald’s. 

The McDonald’s Chicken McNugget, is one of the most popular fast food items on the market today. What makes you crave these crispy nuggets, depending on the batch you get, are the ingredients put into them. First comes the white, boneless chicken, vegetable oil, enriched flour, salt, and spices. These ingredients are the most important but seem a little too simplistic for our liking. But we can agree that whatever McDonald’s is doing is working for them. 

Now, the other best nugget comes from Chick-fil-A, which is known for its chicken sandwiches, so it is understandable that they are involved in this competition. Their nuggets are made from boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, salt, sugar, spices, enriched bleached flour, nonfat milk, pasteurized egg, and refined peanut oil. These are very specific ingredients compared to McDonald’s ingredients, but they do work for the satisfaction of their customers. 

The McDonald’s Chicken McNugget has a more consistent shape to it compared to Chick-fil-A, but that may not really be something positive. The McNugget does taste good, but it also tastes a bit plain, as if it needs a sauce for it to survive. 

On the other hand, Chick-fil-A nuggets are juicy, good-sized nuggets, but oddly they have a little sweetness to the chicken, which really works out well. The Chick-fil-A nugget does not need a sauce to the extent that a McDonald’s nugget does. But since I am solely judging the nugget itself, Chick-fil-A just has the better option. 

Again, this is a very controversial topic, knowing that these restaurants are two of the biggest of all the fast food restaurants. But this review is not based on the popularity or legacy of the restaurant, but on the taste of the menu item only. Both are simple in their own way, but only one of the restaurants is solely known for the quality of their chicken. 

It is ultimately straightforward as to who has the better chicken nuggets. The quality of Chick-fil-A overcomes the popularity of the food items of the infamous McDonald’s, so this location gets the win for their nuggets. 

Some of you are just going to have to deal with it.

Christian Reyes
Christian Reyes, Staff Writer
Christian is a senior at Glendale High School. He is a former Glendale basketball player and Cinematography student. He is an outgoing individual who enjoys listening to music and participating in physical activities.