Marvel Spring Rally 2022

Nitros kick off Marvel rally before Spring Break!

On Thursday, March 10th, 2022, Glendale High School held it’s Marvel Spring Rally at Moyse Stadium. Last semester, we also held our Tangled-themed Homecoming Rally in the stadium for the first time in ten years.

Leading up to this event, each day of the week was a different spirit day. Monday was “Y2K Day”, Tuesday was “Crazy Crocs or Socks Day”, Wednesday was “Dress Like Your Type Day”, Thursday was “Wear Your Rally Shirt or Class Color Day”, and Friday was “Pajamas and Bring Your Stuffed Animal Day”. 

The GHS dance drill team kicked off the rally with a dance performance that included Marvel songs. Our marching band’s trombone players performed their “head choppers” stunt, and our cheer team finished off the rally with an amazing Nitro cheer performance. 

Similar to previous rallies, there were three games: a tug-of-war, a relay race, and a human wheelbarrow game. Diana Arakelian and Adriana Kirakosyan hosted a fashion show to promote this year’s Prom, and senior athletes were also honored for the hard work that they’ve put into their teams for the past four years. 

ASB President, Brandon Doronila, led us on to our three school cheers, and he also introduced the new ASB officers for the 2022-2023 school year. Melinda Khechumyan will be next year’s ASB President, and Nahnor Ghazarian will be our new ASB Vice President.

Lots of marvelous things happened during the rally, and we are so happy that our Nitros had fun as well. The Farewell Rally will be held on Friday, June 3rd, 2022, where we will be announcing this year’s winner of Teacher of the Year. 

A huge thank you to our ASB members, students, and faculty for making this event happen once more. There are only ten more weeks of the school year left. Hang in there, Nitros, and finish this year off strong! 

(Photography courtesy of Lauren Claire Avelino and Edgar Torabyan.)

Lauren Claire Avelino
Lauren Claire Avelino, Editor-in-Chief
Lauren Claire is a senior at Glendale High School. She is the president of the Best Buddies Club and is a Nitro Crew leader. She enjoys reading and writing, listening to music, and spending time with her family.