The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners

Is the VR Walking Dead game worth your time?

The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners is a virtual reality game created by Skydance and Skybound. The main focuses of the game are survival and physics. Right now, this is one of the best VR games you can buy, and it is also one of the best games in general. 

Saints and Sinners has physics where each weapon has its own weight. For example, a barbed wire bat has weight in the game, so you must go with the flow. My personal favorite addition in the game is that walkers can hear your voice through your VR headset. 

The game opens up with you sitting next to a campfire with a man named Annri. He gives you the background and the atmosphere of the universe you are in. He explains that the people have split into two groups, the Tower and the Reclaimed, and you are The Tourist.

Throughout the game, you have an inventory available to you, so you can loot everything you can pick up. You have a backpack on your left shoulder, a two-handed weapon on your right shoulder, and two slots on your left and right leg for your knives and pistols.

Your main home is a bus that has a level-up system, similar to Fallout 4. There are three tables for leveling up, including one for health, one for long-ranged weapons, and one for your body and melee weapons. In the bus, you also have a wall for your weapons and a crate for storing anything you want. 

The gameplay in Saints and Sinners is great. For example, when your stamina is low and you are surrounded by walkers, and you reach inside your pockets but nothing is there, you can take out your backpack and find a knife to save yourself. In that moment, you are fully immersed in the experience. 

The game can feel like a Telltale Game at times, which is a win. You make your decisions throughout the game, and you can have different outcomes based on those decisions. Near the end of the story, there is a difficult decision for most people to make, and it could have an impact on the next free downloadable content. Everything in this game is amazing, like encountering people, getting mugged, and breaking into protected houses to loot. 

In the menu screen, there is another gamemode called The Trial, which is a survival mode to test your skills and how much you have learned. There are two options before you begin, Standard and Advanced. Standard is pretty easy when you first start, but it continues to get more difficult with each wave. Advanced, however, is much harder, because it basically starts at Wave 5 and continues to get more and more challenging.

Overall, if you own an Oculus Quest 2 or any other VR headset, this game is a must-have for an amazing VR experience. Once you play this game, you will not forget it. The best part of this game is definitely the physics, because you truly feel like you are actually doing the things that you are doing in the virtual arena. 

Oh yeah, but don’t go to Rampart. That place is scary.

Diego Guzman
Diego Guzman, Staff Writer
Diego is a senior at Glendale High School. He enjoys astronomy, watching anime, listening to music, making and playing music, and playing video games.