• May 1Senior Alexis Cabral wins 2024 Lancaster Prize, for her article "A Day Without a Phone"!

Brandon Chase(s) for Victory

Our track and field co-captain is ready to run!

Brandon Chase, a senior at Glendale High School, has had a passion for track and field since middle school, but his interests extend beyond track. He actively plays many different sports in his free time, and he occasionally enjoys cooking as well.

Brandon started competing in track in middle school, and he has continued to pursue it through his senior year. He enjoys playing sports, because he gets along with everyone and is pretty good at running. He eventually became one of the captains of the track team here at GHS after an election between all the team members.

Brandon Chase (third from left) takes a break with teammates Damian Torres and John Peligrino, along with professional track star, Cravon Gillespie.

As captain, Brandon takes on various responsibilities, such as leading team workouts and helping the younger members learn the ropes. During practices and competitions, with the help of the other co-captains, he makes sure that everyone is doing what they are supposed to be doing during their workouts, which are chosen by their coach each day. He makes sure that everyone stays focused and performs their best. Brandon himself competes in several events, such as the 100-meter dash, the 200-meter dash, and the 4×100-meter relay. 

Brandon’s teammates are fun to work with, and they help him become a better leader. He believes it’s important to be committed and serious about joining the track team, and all athletes should be motivated to follow through on the events that they’ve signed up for.

Looking towards the future, Brandon has set ambitious goals for both himself and his teammates. He hopes to improve on his team’s performance last season, and he aims to break some records, as well as earning more awards. After graduation, Brandon plans on pursuing a career in finance, while still keeping active.

If you are interested in becoming a part of the GHS track and field team, be sure to reach out to Coach Bailey at [email protected] and follow their Instagram: @glendaletrackandfield.

Elina Arutunian
Elina Arutunian, Staff Writer
Elina is a junior at Glendale High School. She is a member of both the journalism and yearbook programs. She enjoys watching different TV shows and movies, as well as hanging out with her friends and siblings. In her free time, she also loves listening to music and taking walks.