Mr. Colin’s Journey from Student to Mentor at GHS

An inspiring story from a new Health teacher at Glendale High School

Mr. Octavio Colin was born in West Covina, California, and he grew up in Temple City. He has worked in the education industry since high school, beginning as a teacher’s aide and as a substitute teacher, and he is currently in his first year as a Health teacher at Glendale High School.

Mr. Colin’s education is very diverse, as he has attended many colleges, after graduating from Temple City High School. He first went to Pasadena City College, before transferring to Cal State LA for his bachelor’s degree.

Mr. Colin then attended Cal Poly Pomona University, where he earned his master’s degree in History, alongside his teaching credential. Mr. Colin also briefly spent a summer at Cal State Fullerton and took some classes at UCLA and Cal State Long Beach.

Mr. Colin’s favorite moments in the classroom are during group-work sessions. This is the time when his students get to interact a lot with each other, as well as ask him questions whenever they need help.

Mr. Colin is most excited to learn more about GHS, because each school has its own different atmosphere. “I am excited to see what kind of atmosphere Glendale High School has,” he said.

Mr. Colin’s advice for current students of GHS is to stay in school, to pay attention, and to study well during their classes. All students will definitely need the knowledge provided to them in high school, when they go on to college.

Mr. Colin is dedicated to continuing teaching at GHS, he is available anytime and his door is always open in Room 4118. He embraces his role with enthusiasm to contribute to the school’s unique environment and is eager to be a valuable member of the team!

Welcome to GHS, Mr. Colin!

Elina Arutunian
Elina Arutunian, Staff Writer
Elina is a junior at Glendale High School. She is a member of both the journalism and yearbook programs. She enjoys watching different TV shows and movies, as well as hanging out with her friends and siblings. In her free time, she also loves listening to music and taking walks.