INSANO, Kid Cudi

This artist’s highly anticipated album is finally out!

INSANO is the ninth and newest studio album from Cleveland-native, Kid Cudi, and it was released January 12, 2024. This record fits into the rap/alternative genre, with appearances from Travis Scott, Lil Yachty, XXXTentacion , and Pharrell Williams. Many people were wanting more from Cudi, after his hit album trilogy, Man On The Moon, so this record was sure to have a massive release.

“PORSCHE TOPLESS” was the lead single off of INSANO, and it was a very good choice, as it caused more fans to anticipate the record. It has a very summery and upbeat production, and Cudi himself has said that listeners of this track should imagine that they’re “floating up in the bright blue sky on a nice summer day.”  

Regardless, “FUNKY WIZARD SMOKE” is my personal favorite song on this record. This track is about having a carefree life and living it to the fullest. It has a laid back and calm feel, but it also makes you feel energetic, with its drumbeat and the flow of Cudi’s lyrics.

“AT THE PARTY (feat. Pharrel Williams & Travis Scott)” is the second most popular song off of INSANO. On this track, Cudi uses his lyrics to express the hardships and struggles that he’s been through as an artist, but it also shows the determination and grit that he has shown to overcome these issues. The beat and production pair very well with Pharrel Williams’ vocals, offering an enjoyable experience for the listener.

In the end, “GET OFF ME (feat. Travis Scott)” is the biggest hit off of INSANO. Both artists bounce off each other, focusing on the themes of self-confidence and rising above all of the negativity. The production, beat, and lyrics make for an amazing experience, and it’s all made possible by these two legendary artists.

Overall, INSANO is worth checking out, especially if you’re into rap and looking for something new to listen to. Kid Cudi is an amazing artist, and you should check out all of his other albums and EP’s.

And if you enjoyed this album, I also recommend listening to Travis Scott and Kanye West.

Jonathan Hernandez
Jonathan Hernandez, Staff Writer
Jonathan is a junior at Glendale high school. He enjoys playing video games and soccer, listening to music and hanging out with friends. He also enjoys traveling with his family.