• May 31The Black Team defeats the Pink Team, 41-7, in the 2024 Powderpuff Football Game!
  • May 24Senior Lilit Arakelyan wins the 2024 Pat Navalonic Memorial Award! Lilit will be attending UCLA in the fall!
  • May 1Senior Alexis Cabral wins the 2024 Lancaster Prize, for her article "A Day Without a Phone"!

We Still Don’t Trust You, Future & Metro Boomin

Check out the second collab album of these two artists!

We Still Don’t Trust You, by Future and Metro Boomin, was released on April 12, 2024, and it was instantly a massive hit. With hit songs like “Cinderella”, “Type S***”, and “Like That” on their first collaborative album, it gave We Still Don’t Trust You the momentum to destroy the music charts upon release. 

The popularity of this second collaborative album is also largely due to the continuation of countless criticisms directed at popular rap artist Drake, which led to a series of diss tracks between him and Kendrick Lamar. This new album is mainly focused on rap, hip-hop, and trap, with some small elements of R&B.

“We Still Don’t Trust You” (feat.The Weeknd) is the name of the first track on this album. This song imitates the opener song on the previous album, We Don’t Trust You, and it is another amazing opener. Future repeats the words “We still don’t trust you,” which are directed at Drake. The Weeknd also tells Drake that he has been falling apart and that he broke his heart, after The Weeknd refused to sign to Drake’s record label OVO.

This feud is later mentioned on the track “All To Myself” (feat. The Weeknd). The Weeknd takes multiple shots at Drake, singing lyrics like, “Thank God I never signed my life away,” which is a reference to the title track. He also mentions, “They could never diss my brothers,” and “I promise that I got your back,” asserting that he will defend the artists that Drake has sneak-dissed in the past.

“Nights Like This” is my personal favorite song on either of these collab albums. On this track, Future talks about being vulnerable and longing for support from his significant other. Metro’s production comes through here, to complement Future’s vocals perfectly, and on top of that, the saxophone intro and the futuristic sounds make this song flawless.

Overall, We Still Don’t Trust You is definitely an album worth checking out, especially if you’re a fan of rap, hip- hop, and R&B. And if you enjoy listening to this album, you should also check out We Don’t Trust You and Heroes and Villains by Metro Boomin.

Jonathan Hernandez
Jonathan Hernandez, Staff Writer
Jonathan is a junior at Glendale high school. He enjoys playing video games and soccer, listening to music and hanging out with friends. He also enjoys traveling with his family.