Loveneet Kaur Spills the Drama

GHS and Drama Club go hand-in-hand

Loveneet Kaur has spent three years at Glendale High School and is currently a junior. She was born in Los Angeles and grew up here in Glendale. Some of Loveneet’s favorite sports to play are basketball and volleyball. She is a member of our CIF Champion girls varsity volleyball team, which is currently competing for the Division IV State title. Loveneet also likes watching movies, listening to music, and traveling.

The cast of the Spring 2023 Drama production, Peter and the Starcatcher

The GHS Drama Club has been around at our school for a while now, which was previously under the leadership of one of Loveneet’s friends. Her inspiration for becoming club president came from both her friends and from the leadership credit she received from colleges and universities.

Drama Club holds meetings every other Monday inside the Little Theater (Room 2225) lacrosse from the GHS Library. Loveneet has planned a wide variety of events for its members. “We have really fun events, like Halloween mazes, movie nights, Christmas karaoke, and more,” Loveneet said. Every event has an exact date set, so all members are given a heads-up.

Loveneet’s favorite part about being the president of Drama Club “is being able to choose and organize events that will be held…having fun and making friends.” She also stated, “Students should join our club because it’s a safe place. We hold lots of events, it’s really fun, and we share a lot of funny moments.”

Loveneet thinks that the future of the Drama Club is going to be different than it has been in the past. “We’ve improved a lot since three years ago, and keep coming up with new, diverse ideas for students to have fun and feel comfortable,” she claimed. 

If you would like to join the GHS Drama Club, please contact Ms. Holly Donohue at [email protected]. Stay dramatic, Nitros!

Alexander Shirvanian
Alexander Shirvanian, Social Media Director
Alex is a junior at Glendale High School. He plays varsity football for the Glendale Nitros, and he works at In N Out. Alex loves playing cards and enjoys running and exercising.