Nikitha Ambatipudi Believes that WE Can Make an Impact

WE Club president hopes that the organization can inspire youth to fight global issues.

WE Club is a non-profit organization started in Canada by two brothers. The prime mission of the organization is to fight poverty and to keep people educated on global issues. Feeling inspired by this, Nikitha Ambatipudi started a WE branch on the GHS campus. 

Nikitha is a senior at Glendale High School, and she was born and raised in Glendale as well. She is the president of WE Club and she is also the first-year president of the GHS National Honor Society. Additionally, Nikitha is also the activities director for MESA and the Save the Seas secretary.

Nikitha is a major sports fan. She “keeps a close eye” on football, basketball, baseball, and cricket. Her favorite teams are the Rams, the Dodgers, and the Lakers. Even though she’s a vegetarian, Nikitha loves to bake vegan goods in her free time, like cookies and brownies. She’s also always keeping up with politics because she believes that it’s good to stay educated in today’s times.

Nikitha has been involved in the WE program since the second grade. She brought this organization to the GHS campus in order to “give youth the resources they need to make a difference.” 

The WE Club focuses on a different project annually, and last year they wrote thank you letters to medical workers, as well as creating informational posts on their Instagram account regarding global issues. They have also raised over $1000 for Kenya in the Walk for Water event. Currently, Nikitha and her members are doing an awareness project to learn about different issues worldwide. 

During WE Club meetings, members discuss their projects and brainstorm with each other. Nikitha contends that it’s a very “laid back” environment. WE Club “prides themselves [on] having a family dynamic.” Due to covid, in-person meetings were halted for a bit, and Nikitha is excited that things have gone back to normal, for the most part.

Nikitha’s favorite aspect of WE Club is the community they’ve formed. It’s always been important to her that “community service is done with the right intentions.” She believes that she has a “good group of people involved [in the club] for the right reasons.” 

Mrs. Clark-Reed (Left), Nikitha Ambatipudi (bottom middle), and her club officers and members

As it is finally her senior year, Nikitha’s presidency will be finally coming to an end. She hopes that WE Club will continue to thrive after she leaves. Her advice for people who may take over the club in the future is to “ask questions and know what you’re talking about.” This sentiment also applies to the National Honor Society. Having been with WE for so long has helped Nikitha with her leadership skills in this club as well. 

Even though Nikitha is currently serving as the NHS president, she has been a member of the organization since the first semester of her sophomore year. She truly believes in the principles of the club, because “the things that NHS stands for are the things I value in my own life.” 

To be accepted into NHS, a student needs to have a 3.5 GPA, leadership experience, community service, and good character. Club meetings are typically very business-oriented. They discuss how to improve spending and help organize the Pat Navolanic Memorial Award

If you want to find out how to make a difference in the world around you, you should join WE Club! Follow their Instagram account: @ghsweclub, or contact their advisor, Mrs. Clark-Reed at [email protected] for further information. If you want to learn more about how to join the National Honor Society next semester, contact Ms. Ciotti at [email protected].

Samantha Bordey
Samantha Bordey, Staff Writer
Samantha is a sophomore at Glendale High School. She is on the track and field team, and a member of the Filipino Club. In her down-time, she enjoys reading, watching films, and enjoying the company of her friends and family.