Talia Beuzet Feels the Positive Vibes on the Field

Lacrosse co-captain shares the management with her senior teammates

Talia Beuzet, a senior at Glendale High School, was born at USC Verdugo Hills Hospital and has lived in Glendale her whole life. She is part of the GHS lacrosse team, and she is a cabinet member for the GHS Book Club. Outside of school, she loves go-karting, watching TV, and crocheting. 

Talia first joined the lacrosse team in the 8th grade at Woodrow Wilson Middle School. She joined, because most of her friends were on the team, and once she was finally a part of the team herself, she fell in love with the sport. 

The GHS lacrosse team does not have official captains, because their coach believes that no player should be seen as “the best” or should have more responsibilities than anyone else. Therefore, all lacrosse seniors share the responsibility of leading the team. 

Some of the seniors’ responsibilities include updating the members with any new information, making sure that everyone has the right uniforms, and motivating the members to attend regular 6AM practices. Being one of the seniors on the team, Talia shares these duties with the rest of her 12th-grade teammates.

Talia’s favorite thing about lacrosse is the positive environment their coach and team members have created. She says that their team focuses more on making sure that the members are happy and proud of themselves, rather than being competitive amongst each other. 

One of the challenges that Talia and her teammates have had to face was the COVID-19 pandemic, since it distanced the members from each other. Talia also notes that the intense practice schedule is difficult for some people to get used to, but the family dynamic of the team helps keep everyone on the same page.

Talia totally encourages more students to join the lacrosse team, because its members are very welcoming, regardless of a player’s athletic level or background. The lacrosse community loves it when more people join the team!

After her senior year, Talia plans to attend Glendale Community College, where she hopes to start a lacrosse program, in order to carry the community she has come to love so dearly to a new level.

If you would like to join the lacrosse team, please contact Coach Joe Campbell at [email protected].

Kristina Kugaevskaya, Editor-in-Chief
Kristina is a senior at Glendale High School. She is the co-president of the Book Club and the Creative Writing Club, and she is the secretary of the Red Cross Club. In her spare time, she loves reading, baking, and going out into nature. In the future, she hopes to travel Europe and pursue a career in writing.