LA’s Hidden Beauty of Spring!

Here are some local places that you can visit to see the cherry blossoms!

There are times when all you want to see is nature, but most importantly you want to experience the beautiful side of it. Finding places to visit is often the best aspect of the natural environment. At those times, you might consider going to the most visited and highly-rated places to see our wonderful cherry blossom trees.

They are especially lovely to visit during the springtime, so you can feel the breeze of the trees as you walk past millions of them. Usually, cherry blossoms bloom during the very end of February until mid-to-late April. Everyone should visit those beautiful parts of nature at least once in a lifetime. 

Descanso Gardens

One of the places you can visit is Descanso Gardens in La Cañada, which  is a beautiful garden filled with cherry blossoms. This place also has an amazing Japanese Garden, where you get a lot of information about Japanese culture and their trees as well. 

Before visiting Descanso Gardens, you need to make a reservation, and you can also choose to go during the days of the months where there are specific types of trees that you can look forward to seeing during your visit. You can book your visit by clicking HERE.

Lake Balboa

Another place you can also visit is near Lake Balboa in Van Nuys. It is in such a beautiful place where you can see the trees and also observe the beautiful lake and the ducks surrounding it throughout the river.

You also need to reserve tickets for this location in advance, and you can make this reservation ten days before you plan to go. You get a one-hour window to visit the Japanese Garden. You should definitely find some time and visit this beautiful place and make sure to make your reservations for the Japanese Garden as soon as you can. These spots get booked up pretty quickly. 

South Coast Botanic Garden

The South Coast Botanic Garden is located in Rancho Palos Verdes and Rolling Hills Estates. It is another beautiful place filled with many amazing types of cherry blossoms, as well as tulips now, since it is springtime. People who have visited this place often say that the best month to visit there is March, because everything is fresh and smells really nice. 

At this location, you can find many sitting areas and a lot of flowers, which is another detail that makes the South Coast Botanic Garden so beautiful. In order to visit, you need to make a reservation by clicking the link HERE

Huntington Library

The Huntington Library, Art Museum & Botanical Gardens,  in San Marino, is a different place where you can visit the cherry blossoms. There is a ceremonial teahouse where you can see “Pink Cloud” cherry trees and also another tree called the “Japanese Momo” peach tree, which is a pinkish tree, too. 

The garden is filled with other trees and plants, so there is a lot to go forward to. In order to book your visit, you need to visit the Huntington Library website. You can also get different types of memberships if you want to visit this wonderful location. Just make sure that you reserve your tickets before visiting. 

So, if you want to see cherry blossoms before they disappear for another year, be sure to visit one of these beautiful locations as soon as you can. And always take a moment in your life to stop and smell the flowers!

Araksya Harutyunyan, Staff Writer
Araksya Harutyunyan is a senior at Glendale High School. She has been a student in journalism since her freshman year. She’s a singer and is passionate about what she does. She loves to write articles and enjoys her journalism class.