Spider-Man: No Way Home Predictions

Here is what we could be seeing in the new Marvel movie this December
Spider-Man: No Way Home Predictions

On August 23, 2021, Marvel Entertainment released the official teaser trailer for Spider-Man: No Way Home. This trailer, by all means, broke the internet. We were also all surprised that Tom Holland wasn’t able to spoil it for us just yet. After the tease trailer came out, many assumptions and rumors surfaced on the internet. 

In 2004, the very first Spider-Man movie was released, featuring my favorite Spider-Man, Tobey Maguire. In the second movie in the series, Otto Octavius, also known as Doctor Octopus, was one of Peter Parker’s biggest enemies, although this wasn’t always the case. Doc Ock, who was previously a mentor to Peter, turned into a murderous fiend because of a lab accident. 

After Spider-Man 2, we didn’t see much of Doc Ock, until this new trailer came out. Then everyone went straight back to 2004, when we hear him say, “Hello Peter.” Shivers ran all down my body. Now yes, I am absolutely happy that Doctor Octopus is coming back, but this leads to so many other issues. Let’s discuss some of my theories.

Since Doctor Octopus is back, that obviously has to mean that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are making an appearance in the movie. (In other words, they BETTER make an appearance!) Along with Doc Ock, we’ll be seeing Electro, the Green Goblin, and quite possibly the Lizard. Another possibility would be the return of Sandman because of the sand storm that appears in the trailer for a quick moment. However, all rumors have been shot down so we don’t fully know yet. 

Just like in the new Loki series, we are going to be seeing and learning a lot more about the multiverse in MCU. I would assume that Doctor Strange is going to mess up horribly and send them all back to 2004. Once sent back in time, Peter and his friends will be trapped there, realizing that there is literally “no way home.”

On the other hand, it could quite possibly be the opposite as well. Doctor Strange may send Garfield, Maguire, and Doc Ock to the present day, along with their villains, considering that the past, the present and the future are all just in a time loop. 

Of course, these are all just theories. 

I will be posting a breakdown and a review of Spider-Man: No Way Home once it is released in December. For now, we will all live in mystery. In the meantime, I suggest watching all the original Spider-Man movies (obviously) before watching the new one, in order to better understand what in God’s name is happening here. 

Stay tuned, True Believers!

Isabel Nourian
Isabel Nourian, Staff Writer
Isabel is a senior at Glendale High School. She enjoys singing, writing songs, and binge-eating Totino’s at 1am. Her favorite shows are Lucifer, The Good Place, and Young & Hungry