Get a Jumpstart on Your Business Career with Mrs. Taylor

New classes, including business, will give you that extra boost you need for college!

With a whole new wave of academic classes arriving at Glendale High School this year, students now have the opportunity to explore different future career paths. One of which includes a business class led by Mrs. Yvonne Taylor. 

Mrs. Taylor is a 9th through 12th grade business teacher, who in her spare time enjoys playing the piano and solving puzzles, preferably those with 2,000 pieces or more. She is married and has 5 children. Not only that, she has 7 grandchildren as well! 

Mrs. Taylor was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. In high school she was in a band, where she played the clarinet and the xylophone, along with being a flag twirler. “High school was fun and being in band was great,” she stated. “We performed at Disney World and we got to be in the movie, Black Sunday.”

After high school, Mrs. Taylor came to California for college. She attended Pacific Lutheran University and later went to the University of Phoenix, where she got her Master’s degree in Adult Education and Business Administration. 

After Mrs. Taylor graduated from college, she became a teacher at a high school in Washington and later at a middle school in Arizona. She was also a special education teacher. After more than 20 years of teaching, she decided to settle back in California “to be closer to my five children and seven grandchildren,” she stated. Then this year, she became the very first business teacher at Glendale High School. 

Mrs. Taylor feels that coming to Glendale High School was a great decision. “I am so excited to be here,” she said. “It’s a large campus and there’s so much to offer.” Mrs. Taylor can’t wait to point her students in the right direction and make sure that they make the right decisions after high school. 

If you want to learn more about Mrs. Taylor’s new business class, speak to your counselor today!

Isabel Nourian
Isabel Nourian, Staff Writer
Isabel is a senior at Glendale High School. She enjoys singing, writing songs, and binge-eating Totino’s at 1am. Her favorite shows are Lucifer, The Good Place, and Young & Hungry