Last Chance U: Basketball “Episodes 1-4”

Last Chance U: Basketball Episodes 1-4

Last Chance U: Basketball is a Netflix documentary produced by Boardwalk Pictures. Some notable people that are featured in the documentary are Coach John Mosely, Joe Hampton, Deshaun Highler, KJ Allen, and Malik Muhammed. The documentary is very intriguing, because it tells the story of what a basketball program, with talented players, will do to win a state championship.

In “Episode One” of the series, it talks about the huge impact that Coach Mosley has had on the East Los Angeles College (ELAC) basketball program. After the previous season, the team has turned things around and continues to grind and do whatever it takes to win a championship. In the second and third episodes, we learn more about Deshaun Highler and Joe Hampton’s struggles throughout the season, whether it is through personal reasons or on-the-court issues. Lastly, “Episode Four” revolves around the tragic death of Kobe Bryant and how it has affected their team going forward in the season.

The documentary has many passionate and emotional storylines and events. It shows the true hardships and difficulties that college ball players have to face if they are trying to go to the next level. They have to have the right attitude and a hard work ethic to achieve their goals.

It is also entertaining to watch the highlights of the games they have played. As the season progresses, you can see how the players have improved their game and want to continue to improve.

The documentarians do a really good job of diving into the personal lives of players that are in the program. It gives you an idea and a sense of what their daily routines are like and what kind of people they are.

The first four episodes of this documentary dive into the personal lives of the athletes in the program, as well as the culture that they have built at the school. It should be emotionally effective, and also inspirational, to people who may want to play basketball at a professional level.

Although this fascinating and interesting documentary does have great things to showcase, it also has one repetitive aspect, which is the constant yelling of Coach John Mosley. I understand that he is urging his players to strive for improvement, but it can get very irritating sometimes.

Another not so great element of the series is that it can be over-dramatic at times. As you are watching, you can tell that some issues experienced by the players are blown out of proportion for the sake of the drama, and they are not something that people would actually worry about if they were not being covered in a reality series.

If you want to experience a true and solid true story, then you should take the time to watch the first four episodes of this documentary. It is definitely well worth your time, especially if you already have a Netflix account!

Haik Karageozyan
Haik Karageozyan, Staff Writer
Haik is a senior at Glendale High School. His favorite hobbies are playing and watching basketball, watching movies, and playing video games. He is also a very kind and caring person.