The Lakers Turn It Around in 2020

The Lakers 2019-2020 season has been a great comeback year for the organization and for fans all around the country. In the previous season, the Lakers’ record was only 37-45. They didn’t have a winning record and didn’t make the playoffs, because they were only the 10th seed. However, this season has proven to everyone that the Lakers have changed around the organization’s direction. 

The addition of superstar Anthony Davis to this year’s roster, along with many other good role players, has helped the Lakers have an amazing season this year. They secured a spot in the playoffs and finished with the 1st seed in the Western Conference. The last time they finished the season as the number-one seed was in 2010, which was 10 years ago and the last time that they won the NBA Championship! They have also been spectacular in the postseason with the way they have been playing.

The move to acquire Anthony Davis this offseason was very pivotal for the Lakers franchise. They traded Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and 4 first-round picks, including the 4th pick in the 2019 NBA draft. The Lakers are currently in the NBA Finals up 3-1 against the Miami Heat, with a chance to close out the 2020 Championship tonight. Anthony Davis is averaging remarkable numbers in the playoffs, averaging 28 points, 9 rebounds, and 3 assists.

Another player that has been terrific in the playoffs is none other than LeBron James. He has been exceptional through four rounds, averaging 27 points, 10 rebounds, and 9 assists. Being injured towards the second half of the season last year made him miss the playoffs, so he is coming back with full strength this year.

The last time the Lakers made the playoffs was in 2013. If they win the Finals this season it will be the franchise’s 17th time winning a championship, tying them with the Boston Celtics for the most championships in NBA history. The Lakers have a very high chance of winning it all going into Game Six, so be sure to tune in to ABC at 4:30 pm on Sunday to witness another dynasty in the making!

Haik Karageozyan
Haik Karageozyan, Staff Writer
Haik is a senior at Glendale High School. His favorite hobbies are playing and watching basketball, watching movies, and playing video games. He is also a very kind and caring person.