• May 1Senior Alexis Cabral wins 2024 Lancaster Prize, for her article "A Day Without a Phone"!

Dubai Bling

Is this series really all Bling?
Dubai+Bling

Dubai Bling is a reality TV show about a group of wealthy individuals living in Dubai, a city located in the United Arab Emirates. This show is all about their fancy lifestyles, which are filled with drama, fashion, and luxury. 

For many people, living in wealth is a dream life. But this series makes that dream into a reality. 

The cast of this show is super diverse, featuring influencers and fashionistas, each with their own backstory and style. It also offers an inside look into their personal lives, and it highlights the beauty of the city and the real truth about tight-knit friendships. 

During each season of Dubai Bling, new characters are introduced. The first season follows a group of super-wealthy people, and we see their boujee attitudes very clearly. From high-class parties to business deals, it gives you a peek at their dramatic party lifestyles. However, as the season progresses, the relationships between characters become more interesting, and we get to see more of their personal lives, the challenges they face, and how they work together.

But Dubai Bling is not just about the bling! There’s real, relatable stuff going on in each episode, causing friendships and relationships to either make or break. The characters eventually all show their true colors, with some coming out as fake, while others are shown to be genuinely kind-hearted. 

In the second season, the series gets even more intriguing. Here, we see the same characters and a few new ones, especially the amazing star, Mona Kattan, who is the co-owner of Huda Beauty and the owner of Kayali. With her beautiful style, her kind heart, and her dedication to working hard and improving, Kattan is truly inspirational. She is also very family-oriented and is seen on the show with her husband Hassan Elamin. Yes, of course, Kattan does get into all the regular drama on the show, but just like Lojain Omran, she stays real, doesn’t take sides and always strives for peace. 

Another one of the best characters in the series is Safa Siddiqui. She is an Iraqi woman, who is married to Fahad Siddiqui from India. They have two children and are the cutest family on the show.

Sure, Siddiqui also loves the drama, but she stays loyal to her best friend, Zeina, and is willing to protect her at all costs. Her husband, Fahad, on the other hand, is a very caring person, partner, and father. He ensures that his wife has everything she wants, and with his children, he gives them the world.

Dubai Bling is very similar to Keeping up with the Kardashians, but it’s just not as iconic. And it has made me want to visit Dubai yet again, for the second time. 

For me, visiting the UAE in March of 2023 was an incredible experience. The food was amazing, along with the buildings, and cleanliness of the city and the friendly people. 

Dubai is my favorite city, but I also visited Abu Dhabi. I was in love with Dubai Bling at that time, and I also visited Ebraheem Al Samadi’s restaurant, which is known as Forever Rose Cafe. Unfortunately, he was not there during my visit, but better luck next time!

Overall, Dubai Bling is a must-watch for everyone who likes the lifestyle and drama of reality shows like this one. Hope you see me in the new season the next time I’m there!

Suzie Tamrazyan
Suzie Tamrazyan, Staff Writer
Suzie is a senior at Glendale High School. Suzie’s favorite thing to do is dance, and she has been dancing since she was five. She started off with ballroom dancing but then found Armenian cultural dance to be what she likes the most. She enjoys watching shows, spending time with friends, and traveling.