Michael Davis Signs $3.2 Million Deal with LA Chargers

Glendale alumnus, Michael Davis, has recently signed a new one-year contract extension with the Los Angeles Chargers worth $3,259,000. The former Glendale High School star athlete attended Brigham Young University and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the chargers on May 1, 2017.

Davis has been adored by many at Glendale High School. He was in choir all four years of high school and in his senior year, he served as an Explosion staff member.

However, Davis’ greatest accomplishments came in athletics. Former Explosion advisor and co-athletic director, Patrick Lancaster, states that “as a member of the track team, he was one of the premier sprinters in the state and he was a superstar in football.” Davis has been described as friendly, modest, and humble by many teachers, such as Mr. Lancaster. He is also outspoken about his pride for his Mexican heritage.

Davis is currently a starter at cornerback for the Chargers and is looking forward to a successful season. Through four games, Davis has recorded 19 total tackles, with 14 of those being solo. 

Just this last Sunday, October 4, Davis recorded a 78-yard interception for a touchdown against Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. This is first pick-6 in Davis’ professional career, and the fact that it came against the greatest quarterback of all time makes it truly special.

We wish Michael Davis great success, and we hope that he will continue to inspire all Nitro students to work hard and never give up on their goals. Go Nitros!

Keirson Florita
Keirson Florita, Staff Writer
Keirson is a junior at Glendale High School. He is a member of the GHS football team, and he enjoys watching anime, playing video games, and cycling.