Moon Knight

Marvel’s first series of 2022 is one of the best series they’ve released so far!
Moon+Knight

Moon Knight, directed by Mohamed Diab, starring Oscar Issac, Ethan Hawke and May Calamawy, is an action-adventure miniseries full of fantasy and superheroes. This new miniseries first began streaming on Disney+ on March 30, 2022 and just released its series finale. The show began and finished with many positive views from critics

I fully recommend watching this show because it is one of the best series made by Marvel so far, raising a lot of emotions, especially confusion. This miniseries featured six episodes, each episode is about 50 minutes long, with beautiful post-credits scenes.

This miniseries is about how Steven Grant, a gift-shop employee with a difficult childhood, is followed by this mysterious hero named Moon Knight. Steven later has blackouts and memories that aren’t his own. Steven then later discovers how he has multiple identities and suffers with dissociative identity disorder. Moon Knight is a super powered being that is channeling the powers of Khonshu, an Egyptian god.

There is never a point during the series where I felt bored, and for me, that is the entire point of watching any series. When first watching Moon Knight, viewers may be confused throughout the first half of the first episode, but then once certain things are explained, then everything is easier to make out and understand.

I wish that I could talk to the casting director for this series and personally thank them. This person has done an amazing job finding actors who take on their roles perfectly. All of the actors play their characters with passion, which is what makes the show more enjoyable to watch.

The main focus of the series is Oscar Issac, the main character, who is a successful actor that has starred in many well-known films. He has been in three Star Wars movies and even other Marvel movies, such as X-Men:Apocalypse. Isaac has taken on multiple roles in Moon Knight, and each role is played differently. 

Another important and amazing character is Layla El-Faouly, played by May Calamawy, who is known for her roles in other American television series. In Moon Knight, she is the first Egyptian superhero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and she does not disappoint. Her superhero name is Scarlet Scarab, but she only appears as that hero in the final episode of the season.

The series succeeds at portraying the struggle of people with mental health issues. The main character of Marc is struggling from his mental disorder, which makes him confused, but not as confused as the people watching. Marvel does a good job of leaving clues for the viewers to find about previous, or soon to come, movies and series, and there are a lot of Easter eggs to discover in Moon Knight.

Overall, I feel as if this series is one of the most interesting, entertaining, and well-thought-out miniseries made by Marvel so far. Even though nothing is confirmed, there have been rumors of a Season 2. I cannot wait to find out.

If you have nothing to watch and have not yet watched Moon Knight, then I would recommend spending your free time on this series. I assure you that you will not be disappointed, because I was thoroughly entertained. 

Anahit Sargsyan
Anahit Sargsyan, Reviews Editor
Anahit is a senior at Glendale High School, and she will be graduating this year. She loves to spend time with her family and her best friends. She also loves to chill at home and just have a relaxing time every once in a while. Music, movies and tennis are her favorite things to do, and she can't wait to see what the future holds.