Andy Movsesyan Wants Everyone to Create Musical Memories

Sing along with the GHS Glee Club!

Andrea Movsesyan, also known as Andy, is a senior at Glendale High School, and she is the president of the Glee Club. She was born in Moscow, Russia, and she has been a GHS Nitro since October of her freshman year. She enjoys drawing, painting, and making music. She is also the captain of the GHS color guard team. 

In addition, Andy loves designing. She designed last year’s GHS yearbook cover, and her design idea was selected for the 2022 yearbook as well (which can be purchased HERE). Her inspiration for this year’s cover was a “Game of Thrones, old, magic book.”

Since her freshman year, Andy has been a part of the choir at GHS, but unfortunately Ms. Grace Sheldon-Williams chose to retire at the end of last year, so the choir program did not continue. Andy wanted the legacy of vocal performance to live on as a club at our school, so that’s when she decided to create the GHS Glee Club. She welcomes anyone to the club who “likes to sing, not based on skill, [but] just singing to enjoy their time.” 

Andy has always enjoyed singing, and she loves collaborating with her club members. They perform in shows and concerts, and they were featured in the Los Angeles Master Chorale at Walt Disney Concert Hall

As president of Glee Club, Andy loves hearing her club members’ opinions and she makes use of their advice. During club meetings, they work on exercising their vocals, and they are also currently deciding on a theme for their first concert. 

Here is Andy’s design for the 2022 GHS yearbook! It is literally on fire!

Andy hopes that the Glee Club will be able to perform one or two pieces in the spring. Since they don’t have a choir director, it’s difficult for them, but she still believes in her club members and she is confident that things will work out for them. 

In the future, Andy wants to find a career in some type of art, such as digital art or painting. She’s also interested in computer science, game design, website design, and product design. Overall, she wants to be involved in something based on art. 

If you are interested in joining the GHS Glee Club, please contact Ms. Caddel at [email protected]. You can also follow them on Instagram: @ghssing

Just keep singing, Nitros!

Selin Avanesyans, Staff Writer
Selin is a senior at Glendale High School. She enjoys spending time with her family, going on walks, and listening to music.