Get Ready to Mold with Allison Torres

Create handmade art with GHS Ceramics Club

Allison Torres is a senior at Glendale High School. She was born in Glendale, and ever since her freshman year, she’s been a GHS Nitro. Her hobbies include reading, watching movies, and doing ceramics.

Last year while choosing her classes for her senior year, Allison decided to try ceramics. She likes making anything with clay, and she was excited to come back to school this year, because her experience with working with clay has been much better. As the  president of the Ceramics Club at GHS, she wants to teach club members “about the basics of clay, kind of like a creative outlet for some people.”

During club meetings, members are currently glazing ornaments, and soon they will learn how to create their own. Outside of school, they will sell the things they make to give back to their community. Allison enjoys being the Ceramics Club president because it is not intimidating for her. “It’s something I really like,” she said. “It’s something I think I can do.” 

Allison hopes that the club can start their first project soon. She wants her club members to learn how to use clay, so that they can express themselves and their creativity. After graduating from GHS, Allison hopes to continue producing art in some way. 

If you are interested in joining Ceramics Club, please contact Ms. Soris-Masouris at [email protected]! They will be having a social media account soon!

Selin Avanesyans, Staff Writer
Selin is a senior at Glendale High School. She enjoys spending time with her family, going on walks, and listening to music.