Cherilyn Legaspi Breaks Record for 3-Pointers

Girls varsity basketball captain passes the previous mark for 3-point shots made in a single game
Cherilyn Legaspi poses with Coach Tadeh Mardirosian and former 3-point record-holder, Lilia Vasghanian

On Monday, November 22, the Glendale High School girls varsity basketball team beat Huntington Park with a final of 77 to 22. But the highlight of the game was one for the record books.

Nitro captain point guard, and Clark Magnet High School senior, Cherilyn Legaspi had nine made three-point baskets during the contest, beating the single-game record for any GHS girls basketball player. The previous mark of eight made three-pointers had been set in 2017 by former Nitro sharp-shooter, and current assistant coach, Lilia Vasghanian.

All nine made shots can been viewed HERE! Congratulations to Cherilyn, Coach Tadeh Mardirosian, and the entire girls varsity team!

Our girls squad is currently holding a season record of 3-1, and their first Pacific League game will be played at home on December 3rd, against those Dreaded Falcons of Crescenta Valley! Please come out and support our girls, as they chart their course to the CIF Playoffs!

Jon Livingston
Jon Livingston, Advisor
Mr. Livingston is the Explosion advisor at Glendale High School. He is also the ASB advisor and the advisor for Stylus, the GHS yearbook. He is currently in his 24th year of teaching, and he enjoys spending time with his family, reading, watching movies, cheering on the UCLA football team and playing disc golf (poorly).