You Can Count On Ms. Arsenian

Former GTA President returns to GHS after a six-year hiatus

Ms. Taline Arsenian was born in Lebanon, and she has lived in Glendale for many years. She teaches Integrated Math 1 and 2 for all grade levels at Glendale High School. Her hobbies include knitting, playing tennis, and being involved in the teacher’s union, and she feels that walking her dog is one of her favorite things to do. 

Ms. Arsenian was previously the President of the Glendale Teachers Association, which is the local branch of our state’s teachers union. “It’s an organization that represents all teachers in a public school,” she said. While she was gone, she was working to advocate for the needs of educators and students in our Glendale Unified School District.

Ms. Arsenian has been away from teaching for over 6 years. “Last time I taught at Glendale High School was the 2014-15 school year,” she said. She is now back to teaching and supporting her students in mathematics. 

As a student, Ms. Arsenian attended Van Nuys Junior High School. She then attended Ferrahian High School in Los Angeles. 

Before getting into education, Ms. Arsenian worked at Valley Presbyterian Hospital. She worked in medical records and was interested in the medical field, but she knew in her “heart of hearts” that she wanted to be a math teacher. “I feel my students are like my patients because I like to take care of them.”

Ms. Arsenian’s favorite part about being a teacher is the students! “Students have energy, [and] new perspectives on things that adults don’t have,” she said. “They are part of the community and will grow up to be community leaders, business owners, service providers, and will make Glendale a great place to live.” She sees Glendale High School as her first home. She’s still currently decorating her class to make it colorful and as much fun as possible. 

Overall, Ms. Arsenian is glad to be back at GHS! She hopes all students will be able to get vaccinated soon so that quarantine will not be necessary. She looks forward to a day when mask mandates will no longer be necessary. However, for now, safety is a high priority. 

She sees her future career continuing at Glendale High School, and she hopes to teach here for many years to come. Ms. Arsenian says, “Do not take your studies and opportunities to learn for granted. Learning anything helps you grow your mind.”

Selin Avanesyans
Selin Avanesyans, Staff Writer
Selin is a senior at Glendale High School. She enjoys spending time with her family, going on walks, and listening to music.