Amy Khalil Is Your Best Buddy at GHS

Amy Khalil, a senior at Glendale High, has taken the position of president for the Best Buddies Club at Glendale High School. Besides Best Buddies, Amy is also the Director of Publicity for the Senior Class, and she is a member of the Make-A-Wish Foundation and the Children’s Hospital LA Club.

Amy said that she has “been part of Best Buddies since freshman year, but [she] only became more involved during sophomore year”, and she has been active ever since. 

Best Buddies is an organization aims to involve people that are usually physically excluded from society and helps them be noticed and form friendships along the way.

Amy is Egyptian and can speak fluent Arabic. She likes to draw and to read, with her favorite book being The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls.

Amy also discussed some of her favorite moments of being involved with Best Buddies, like the annual Senior Nights, when they would take the buddies and include them in the celebrations. They would also write Valentine’s Day cards for the buddies.

Amy explained that her Best Buddies members have monthly Zoom meetings, and hopefully they will have more in the future. Also she wants to host many virtual activities for the buddies, like talent shows, art contests and Netflix parties.

She hopes that even after she leaves GHS, she can maintain some of her friendships with the buddies. Amy is also very excited to start university next year and become a program assistant at her dorm.

If you are interested in joining the Best Buddies Club, follow them on Instagram at ghsbest_buddies, or email their advisor, Mr. Rosales, at [email protected].

Rafayel Hovhannisyan
Rafayel Hovhannisyan, Staff Writer
Rafayel is a senior at Glendale High School. He has been part of many clubs and organizations at school, including Band Club, Cinema Club and CSF, but he has taken a break from all clubs and organizations during senior year to focus on extracurricular activities. He enjoys reading philosophical and political theories, his favorite authors are Ray Bradbury and Friedrich Nietzsche, and he enjoys music and movies to the point where he can give hour-long lectures about any movie or song that comes to mind.