Dashiell Takeuchi Is a Master of His Craft

Senior club president takes on all the dungeons and dragons.
Dashiell Takeuchi (front center) is the Dungeon Master.

Dashiell Takeuchi was born in LA, and he is a current senior, and president of the Dungeons & Dragons Club, here at Glendale High School. He is also a two-year member of our Explosion staff, who has published over a dozen articles. In his free time, he enjoys drawing on occasion, and he recently started working on a novel as well.

Dashiell’s interest in role-playing games started at a young age when his neighbor first introduced them to him. In the past, Dashiell was a member of the D&D Club, but the former president graduated, and no one took her place, so the club ended.  

At the start of the new school year, Dashiell restarted the club and became president. His vice president is his friend Hannah Quast, who also helped out when 

the club was first created. Dashiell has always been interested in D&D, but he is also a fan of other tabletop games in general. 

The main challenge of being the president of a club like this is organizing games. Dashiell said, “The largest problem with any kind of table-top rolling game is that people have different schedules.” 

Due to the long length of games, times are managed and meetups are planned separately, giving club members time during meetings to engage and play. To help with this, Dashiell has organized it so that the club is divided into different games. The majority of the club members meet on Monday, and then after that, it’s up to the players to decide on scheduling.

Through managing this club, Dashiell has rekindled an interest he previously had, since now it’s much easier for him to find and create gaming groups. “What I like most about DM-ing is the ability to really create your setting and fully engage in your creativity,” he said. 

Dashiell also mentioned that those who are interested in acting or the performing arts would most likely enjoy these types of games as well. “People who enjoy acting on stage often also enjoy acting at the table,” he admitted.

Although Dashiell is interested in the creative field, after high school he plans on going into biology, and he has already been accepted into a few schools as well. 

If you would like to join the Dungeons & Dragons Club, the Remind code is @dndclub024. Roll for initiative, Nitros!

Katharine Kato, Staff Writer
Katharine is a junior at Glendale High School. She is a member of both the journalism and yearbook staffs. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, and her favorites artists are NCT, Jhené Aiko, and Oceanfromtheblue. Katharine also likes watching YouTube and spending time with friends.