• May 1Senior Alexis Cabral wins 2024 Lancaster Prize, for her article "A Day Without a Phone"!

A Great Chaos, Ken Carson

You know it’s a great day when this album plays!

Some songs are overplayed, but that doesn’t mean that they are bad to begin with. 

A Great Chaos, produced by several artists, including F1lthy, Lil 88, and TM88, was released on October 13, 2023, and it can be found on any music streaming platform. This third album by Ken Carson features eighteen tracks, including a re-release of one of my favorite songs, “I need u”. Overall, Ken Carson does not disappoint on this album, as all the songs have their main strengths and flow, creating a well-rounded collection. 

Carson’s previous release was titled X, and it came out in 2022. There were several teases for this most recent album, but due to leaks and other issues, it was ultimately released a day early. 

Carson is generally liked by the public and is considered a hip hop trap artist. He is currently under contract with Opium, which is a record label founded by Playboi Carti. This has only added to Carson’s overall popularity. He has blown up with teenage audiences, most likely due to his songs becoming big on TikTok and other social media platforms. 

“I need u” is arguably one of his best songs on the album, as it has been made popular in years past. The beat and lyrics mix together to create a song that you can sing along with and feel good. This song is simply about how Carson is with a girl, and he boasts about how he is better than other rappers, due to his wealth and skills. 

“Nightcore 2” is one of my personal favorites. It is unlike his other song, “Nightcore”, primarily due to its beat and overall vibe. It’s the type of song that you can just listen to and enjoy, because you don’t have to think. All you need to do is relax and follow along.  

“Succubus” is another great song by Carson. This track stands out from the other offerings on the album, because it has a dark feel to it, based on the beat and the rhythm. This song is about a girl who is together with the artist, and he feels that everything is sucked out of him when he is with her. 

“Paranoid” (feat Destroy Lonely) is another song that has gained popularity on TikTok. This is for a good reason, as it is undeniably one of the songs that best emphasizes the skills of both Carson and Destroy Lonely. This is the type of track that you can listen to over and over again, until the whole thing is stuck in your memory. 

“Jennifer’s Body” is another good vibes song. When listening to most tracks, I often don’t pay much attention to the lyrics, and instead I find myself just enjoying the beat, mixed in with the words. This is how it is with a lot of Carson’s songs. They’re the type of tracks that just get you in a good mood, and “Jennifer’s Body” is a big hit, due to its addictive rhythm.

Ken Carson has such a unique sound, and this is why he has gained so much popularity. I should also clarify that A Great Chaos is not everyone’s type of music, which is why I recommend this album to people who enjoy other artists like Homixide Gang, and Kankan

In any event, don’t miss out on Carson’s newest album! You’ll be happy that you gave it a try!

Katharine Kato, Staff Writer
Katharine is a junior at Glendale High School. She is a member of both the journalism and yearbook staffs. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, and her favorites artists are NCT, Jhené Aiko, and Oceanfromtheblue. Katharine also likes watching YouTube and spending time with friends.