Jeanne Padillo Is an All-in-One!

Our Slime Club president, and golf team captain, swings and scores
Jeanne Padillo (center) represents Slime Club at Club Rush, with Sandrine Khodabakhshi and Edna Cardona.

Jeanne Padillo is a 17-year-old senior, who is the current president of Slime Club and captain of the golf team here at GHS. Originally, the idea of starting a club about slime at our school was a joke between Jeanne and her friends, but since it’s her senior year, and she’s taking only four classes, she decided to start one for fun.

The GHS Slime Club is currently planning their first-ever event at Glenoaks Elementary, where the goal is to make slime with kids during their after-school program. This is an opportunity for her club members to earn community service hours. Jeanne said, “We wanted to take something fun and share it with the community.” Making slime fills her with childhood nostalgia. and “You get to share that with younger kids.”

Slime Club is Jeanne’s first time taking on a club presidency, but luckily she can say that there haven’t been any major challenges for her. “I’m still trying to figure out how it works exactly,” she admitted, “but so far my cabinet has been amazing, by helping take care of problems.” 

Everyone wants to make slime!

An important skill that Jeanne has learned throughout high school is time management. “I try to give myself free time between activities,” she said. “I know doing activity after activity gets tiring.” Having a set schedule has benefited her as an AP student in the past, as it has opened up her schedule, so that she can enjoy other hobbies, such as baking. She mentioned that she might have finally perfected her chocolate chip recipe, as well, so you know she’s been working hard in her free time. 

Jeanne has also been playing golf since she was three years old. In seventh grade, she met with the GHS golf coach, Mr. Anthony Mohr, and ever since then, she has had a great experience on the team. 

Golf is a very independent sport, so oftentimes Jeanne is on her own. But she sees this as an opportunity to meet new people from other schools. During her different rounds, it’s easy to talk to people throughout the games. 

Jeanne Padillo (left) with her sister and golf teammate, Erynn

Jeanne is actually one of the best golfers in the history of our school. She was selected to the 1st Team All-Pacific League for three straight years, and she was named the Pacific League Player of the Year for both her freshman and senior seasons. She made it to the second round of the CIF Finals all four years of high school, and she qualified to compete in the CIF State Playoffs for the past three years.

If you’re interested in playing golf, Jeanne suggests that you should just go for it, because the team has a flexible schedule, a nice coach, and a great support system. Since the girls golf team is on the smaller side, they have a very close-knit community and all players understand each other. Even though golf might not be a very popular sport, the community, interactions, and skills you learn are all positives.

Jeanne’s current plan after graduation is to pursue a degree in biology at Seattle University, and then she will go on to medical school to study dermatology. She will also be playing college golf in the fall. 

If you would like to join the Slime Club, please contact Mr. Chris O’Malley at [email protected]. And if you want to join next year’s girls golf team, contact Coach Mohr, at [email protected].

Stay slimy and keep on swinging, Nitros!

Katharine Kato, Staff Writer
Katharine is a junior at Glendale High School. She is a member of both the journalism and yearbook staffs. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music, and her favorites artists are NCT, Jhené Aiko, and Oceanfromtheblue. Katharine also likes watching YouTube and spending time with friends.