Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Marvel’s newest movie is something that people did not expect at all

Venom: Let There Be Carnage, directed by Andy Serkis and starring Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson and Michelle Williams, is an action movie filled with mystery, superheroes, and adventure, and it is very much a comedy thriller. One second you are laughing because of something Venom said or did, and another second you are about to be on the verge of tears from the friendship Venom and Eddie have created. 

I fully recommend this movie, because it will just make your life so much better. A movie full of comedy, action, and fantasy? Sounds like paradise to me. The movie is also not too long, for someone who might get bored, or too short, for someone who wants to get their money’s worth. However, the music in the film could definitely use some work. 

This movie is just so interesting, and once you watch the first movie, Venom, then the story is much more understandable and simpler to make out. Sometimes in the movie it feels as if the characters are being too overly dramatic, and (spoiler alert) they often are. In the beginning, some of the characters are acting like 5-year-olds. But that’s what makes the movie so entertaining.

The actors in the movie are also so great. Tom Hardy is an amazing actor with an amazing career, who plays his roles so well that you forget you are watching a movie. The other actors do terrific work as well, especially Woody Harrelson. The way he brings his character to life is truly incredible, to the point that you really feel like a psychopath is standing in front of you. The cast is overall very well chosen.

The movie never has a boring point at any moment, and every scene just really brings out the friendships and connections made throughout the film. Something that just bothered me, though, was the change in Venom’s voice, because he had a much better voice in the first film. 

However, the music in this movie is very distracting. There are just some points in the film where the music does not match the energy and vibe of the scene. I think that the filmmakers could have done a much better job with the music choices, because the original Venom movie had an amazing soundtrack

Venom: Let There Be Carnage is just a fun overall movie-going experience. I highly suggest that you watch this movie at least once in your life. 

But I have to say that Marvel did a terrific job with the post-credit scene as well, featuring a surprise character from the MCU. It just made us all very much excited for the movies to be released later on this year. 

Anahit Sargsyan, Reviews Editor
Anahit is a senior at Glendale High School, and she will be graduating this year. She loves to spend time with her family and her best friends. She also loves to chill at home and just have a relaxing time every once in a while. Music, movies and tennis are her favorite things to do, and she can't wait to see what the future holds.