Call of Duty: Warzone (Updated)

Has Raven Software done enough to fix its game-breaking weapon?

Call of Duty: Warzone is a first person shooter game that came out in late 2019. Warzone runs on Modern Warfare mechanics, but recently the game merged the brand new Call of Duty: Cold War, into the game. This update added all of the Cold War weapons and attachments into the game, which has unfortunately caused some problems.

Before the release of Cold War, we only had access to Modern Warfare weapons in Warzone, but now since the two Call of Duty games have merged and worked together, this has caused a ruckus. Essentially, Cold War’s weapons were not properly added into Warzone. Specifically, the DMR is a weapon that has caused a lot of controversy in the gaming community. This weapon is so overpowered, that almost nobody can beat it with any other gun.

This was getting so out of hand that everyone started giving Warzone a new nickname: “DMR Zone”. This was very accurate, because for a whole month, the only weapon you would go against was the DMR. This weapon’s kill-time was faster than any other weapon, and the damage it delivered was just too devastating.

As a result, the Warzone developers felt it was time to fix this weapon. Raven Software claimed to have “nerfed” the weapon and its damage, but players did not believe it at all. There was no change whatsoever to the weapon and this caused the game to receive a lot of hate. 

Then on January 6th, Raven Software claimed to have fixed the DMR for a second time. Luckily, this update actually did decreased the dominance of the weapon. This finally fixed the game, but there are still a lot of other problems. For example, the Mac-10 is also one of the overpowered weapons that merged from Cold War. However, this was nerfed with the DMR, and it made the game more enjoyable.

A new playable map was also released as the Cold War weapons merged into the game. It is called “Rebirth Island” which is just a huge remake of the original Mob of the Dead zombies map from Black Ops 2 from 9 years ago. The map is amazing and fun to play because of the amount of action you face.

Call of Duty: Warzone has been lacking in keeping the game the best that it can be. For the last two weeks, Call of Duty is “buffing” the original Warzone weapons from Modern Warfare to try and make them equal compared to the Cold War weapons. Personally, this has made my gameplay way better, because I can finally use all the old guns I used to use again.

Davit Arakelian
Davit Arakelian, Staff Writer
Davit is a junior at Glendale High School. He is a member of the Construction Academy, and his interests include playing video games, watching Netflix, and playing sports.