Carmen Avedian is Looking for One Last Ride

Basketball captain is hoping for a successful senior season
Carmen Avedian calls the next play. Photo courtesy of SM Photography

Carmen Avedian is currently a 16-year-old junior at Glendale High School. Her love for basketball started at a young age when her brother got her into the sport. This eventually led her to join the Nitros basketball squad.

As her junior year is coming to an end, Carmen already has high hopes for her senior season next year. The Nitros are coming off a solid campaign, and with some time still left until next season’s opening game, Carmen has her goals set high for her “Last Ride” season. She, and the rest of the teammates, have their expectations set on winning more games next season and having an even more successful run.

Carmen was born in 2006, in Pasadena, California, and her favorite hobby is drawing. She looks up to her mother, who is a very hardworking person and inspires Carmen to get good grades and work harder at basketball. 

Carmen also looks up to the professionals in her sport, which is a key element in every athlete’s career. Her favorite basketball player is Austin Reaves of the Los Angeles Lakers. She considers him her favorite player because he is a lights-out shooter and a crafty player. 

Carmen also supports the LA Lakers, even though they are currently the number-thirteen seed in the Western Conference. She roots for them because she has lived in the Los Angeles Community her whole life. 

Carmen’s favorite part about playing basketball at GHS is being with her teammates. They are all on the same mission as her, and that’s to win games and have another successful season in 2024.

However, with the good comes the bad. Carmen’s least favorite part of being on the basketball team is the time that it consumes in her life. From practice to preparations to games, being on the team takes time, and Carmen and her teammates must prove their dedication in order to win and succeed. 

As for her future career after high school, Carmen plans on attending Glendale Community College and joining their basketball team as well. But for now, everyone should come together and attend their games and support the Nitros throughout the upcoming season. 

If you are interested in joining next year’s girls basketball team, please contact Coach Tadeh Mardirosian at [email protected]

Edmond Hayrapetyan
Edmond Hayrapetyan, Staff Writer
Edmond is a senior at Glendale High School. He enjoys training in MMA, lifting weights and listening to music.