Nitro Baseball Players Receive CIF Honors

Junior pitcher Milan Bugarin
Junior pitcher Milan Bugarin

The California Interscholastic Federation has announced its annual CIF All Team awards for the 2021 Pacific League baseball season, and Glendale High School players were well represented this year!

Junior right-handed pitcher Milan Bugarin was named to the All CIF Pacific League First Team. Sophomore catcher Frankie Malagon was also named to the Second Team, and freshman pitcher Levi Valadez was listed under Honorable Mentions.

Sophomore Frankie Malagon

Varsity head coach, and GHS history teacher, Marcus Whithorne, was thrilled to learn of these honors. “Words can’t begin to express how proud I am of Milan, Frankie and Levi,” he said. “Not only are they great athletes, but they truly represent everything our culture strives for. As a coaching staff, we are excited to see what they are capable of achieving next year.”

Despite finishing the season at 8-11, including a 5-9 record in the Pacific League, our varsity baseball team has a lot to build on for next year. They swept their season series against both Muir and Pasadena, and they finished their schedule with a win against Hoover High School and a final score of 9-4.

Congratulations to Milan, Frankie, Levi, and the entire GHS varsity baseball team for yet another successful season! We are all looking forward to the Spring of 2022!

Jon Livingston
Jon Livingston, Advisor
Mr. Livingston is the Explosion advisor at Glendale High School. He is also the ASB advisor and the advisor for Stylus, the GHS yearbook. He is currently in his 24th year of teaching, and he enjoys spending time with his family, reading, watching movies, cheering on the UCLA football team and playing disc golf (poorly).