The NBA Trades Go Wild!

Credit: NBA via Getty Images

On March 25, the NBA became a major chaotic battle for the league. Several teams had acquired a player, if not multiple players, for their rosters. Let’s go through the ups and down of the NBA trades.

To begin with, the Bulls traded for Nikola Vucevic, a great center by the way. The 7-foot giant, who proudly represents his home nation of Switzerland, has an amazing record in the NBA right now, averaging 24.2 points and 11.6 rebounds, which is impressive for a center. On April 4th, Vucevic had 22 points and 13 rebounds against the Nets. He is the perfect companion for Chicago star Zach Lavine. Keep your eyes on the Bulls this season.

The Denver Nuggets received Aaron Gordon from the Orlando Magic. Gordon is most known for his appearance in the 2016 Slam Dunk Contest. The athlete from San Jose CA, averages 14.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 3.9 assists, which is good for a power forward. So far since the arrival of Gordon, the Nuggets haven’t lost a game. Overall, Aaron Gordon was a great addition to the team, and by the looks of it, the team does look dangerous. 

The Brooklyn Nets went crazy this season with trades. At the start of the season they got Kyrie Irving, Kevin Durant, and Deandre Jordan. On January 14th, the Beard, James Harden, successfully landed in Brooklyn. Then they traded for Blake Griffin, the former superstar of the 2010-18 Clippers. Now before the deadline, the Nets signed Lamarcus Aldridge. Sadly, Lamarcus Aldridge was injured and there are no stats to show. Perhaps you could suggest that the Nets are trying to take down King James. 

In addition to these crazy trades, Victor Oladipo was traded to the Miami Heat. The All-Star from the Indiana Pacers is now teaming up with Bam Adebayo and Jimmy Butler. Oladipo averages 20 points, 5.7 rebounds, and 4.2 assists as of right now. Together, the Heat are the 6th seed of the Eastern Conference. It is highly probable to see them in the NBA Finals once again. 

The Los Angeles Clippers traded Lou Williams for Rajon Rondo. The veteran guard comes to team up with Kawhi Leonard and Paul George to make another appearance at the Finals, one season after winning a championship with the Lakers. Rajon Rondo is known for his playmaking ability on the court. With that being said, if he is feeding both George and Leonard for easy scores, will the Clippers finally beat the Lakers in the battle of LA?

Speaking of LA, the Los Angeles Lakers signed Andre Drummond from the Cleveland Cavaliers. The Lakers have been struggling with their two superstars off the court with injuries, so Drummond was a great addition. Unfortunately, he hurt his toe on his Laker debut. Regardless, the man had an outstanding number of rebounds in the 2020 season, grabbing 13.5 rebounds a game, which allowed him to be one of the highest rebounders last season.

With all of these trades, I’d say they were great changes. Many would say the Nets are building an army to kick the King off his throne. But will that be enough to stop the former champions of the NBA?

Stay tuned, fans!

Francisco Martinez, Staff Writer
Francisco is a senior at Glendale High School. He is a former Construction student, and a member of the Journalism class. He is a good-looking man, who enjoys watching basketball and playing video games.