Edita Melkumyan Is Outta Here!

Senior Explosion staff member is happy to share her experiences of being a Nitro.

Edita Melkumyan is a senior at Glendale High School and her intended major in college is Psychology. She is really interested in the medical field, but she’s not quite sure yet what exactly she wants. She thinks that whatever feels right will happen to her for sure, and she believes that jobs in the medical field allow you to be kind and helpful to people, which is her reason for being interested in this area. 

Edita loves GHS and it was her first school in the U.S. when she had just moved here from Armenia. The students and staff made her love this school and feel that she was in her comfort zone. She also thinks that the education at GHS is pretty strong, that the staff is great, and that she would definitely recommend attending this school.

When you get closer to the end of the year, you really start to appreciate your high school years, and your emotions get kind of mixed up. This past fall, Edita imagined that her senior year would be more difficult, but because of her class requirements, she was able to create the best fitting schedule for herself this year. 

Edita is really excited to have finally graduated from GHS, as new opportunities and changes are waiting for her. She is sad, because of the understanding that a big chapter of her life is ending, and she can’t take all of the people with her to write her new life story. 

Edita’s goals include achieving her dream career, becoming successful and making herself and her family proud. She wants other students to appreciate their time more in high school, as time flies by so quickly, and it feels like only yesterday that she was walking onto our campus as a freshman. 

Edita is very grateful for all of the opportunities she received at GHS and for all the people that have crossed her path during these last four years. She is also very grateful for all the teachers who have supported her throughout her journey.

Edita has a final message to all of her fellow Nitros: “I hope GHS will give you an unforgettable experience of high school, and I’m saying this with the hope that each of you will be successful, as Nitros never lose! We only win!” 

We all wish the best to Edita! Once a Nitro, always a Nitro!

Maria Bagumian
Maria Bagumian, Social Media Director
Maria is a senior at Glendale High School. She speaks three languages fluently, and she is currently learning Spanish as well. She is a member of the Armenian Club, she is a three-year journalism staff member and she is currently attending college. Maria is looking forward to participating in school activities even more for the upcoming school year.