Toy Story

The first ever computer animated feature-length film still holds up
Toy+Story

The first installment in the Toy Story franchise was released in 1995. This movie still holds up after 27 years. This film was produced by Pixar, and Toy Story was actually Pixar’s first film ever released.

Toy Story features the voices of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, and Annie Potts. This film was directed by John Lasseter, and written by Joss Whedon, Andrew Stanton, Joel Cohen, and Alec Sokolow. You can currently find this movie on Disney+. Toy Story is one of my favorite movies growing up and rewatching it brought back many memories.

The movie starts off with Andy playing with the toys and from what they show us, we can see that Woody is his favorite. Woody eventually gathers all the other toys together to have a meeting about Andy’s birthday. Woody is worried about being replaced by a different toy. 

When Andy receives Buzz Lightyear as a present, Woody gets jealous and tries to get rid of Buzz. Woody creates a huge problem by knocking Buzz out of a window. After this catastrophic event, all the toys turn against Woody. This leads to many adventures and bonding between Woody and Buzz, and they eventually become good friends after surviving being kidnapped by Sid, the cruel kid next door.

When I first saw this film on DVD when I was four years old, I really enjoyed it, and liked the part where the toys scare Sid away at the end. The plot of the film is pretty good, the characters are really funny, and there isn’t any part where the movie starts getting boring.

One reason why I recommend this film is because the quality of the animation is really good. The plot of the film takes many turns, and it has many funny moments. There is a moral lesson that the film teaches us, and that is to accept people, even if they may be different from you.

Overall, Toy Story is an amazing movie, and I highly recommend watching it again or for the first time. You should also watch the other three films in the series, the animated shorts that feature the characters, and another Pixar film called Cars.

Christian Torres Vargas, Staff Writer
Christian is a freshman at Glendale High School. He is not currently a member of any clubs or teams, but he enjoys going outside, playing video games, and watching Disney+.