Don’t Forget Your Hydro Flask!

Please bring reusable items to campus for in-person instruction

When packing for school next week, don’t forget to bring along your reusable water bottle to fill up at the water-fill stations on campus. The water is free and safe to drink, according to Glendale Water and Power. Customize your bottle with stickers, and remember that it’s healthy for you to stay hydrated throughout the day.

As humans, we are producing A LOT of trash, especially during the pandemic, so do your part to reduce waste. We want our home to be clean and healthy, not just for ourselves but for our future generations.

Plastic does not decompose, so it is everywhere now: in our water, our air, our soil and even inside living things. For example, it is predicted that by 2050, 99% of all marine bird species will have ingested plastic. A lot of fossil fuels are used in making plastic water bottles as well, contributing to climate change.

International Bird Rescue

Additionally, try to reduce your trash and impact on the Earth by reducing your use of single-use items or disposable plastics in your daily life. Always use reusable items instead, like your reusable water bottle.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to email me at [email protected]!