Enroll in Technical Theatre!

Glendale High School offers a comprehensive three-year technical theatre program. All classes are taught in the state-of-the-art 1559-seat performing arts center.

Technical Theatre 1-2 (Grades 10 & 11)
This course is designed to acquaint the serious technical theatre student with all the technical aspects of theatre production, including lighting, sound, scenery construction, scenic artistry, stage crew work, theatre crafts and theatre management. This course follows the California State Standards as outlined in the California Visual and Performing Arts Framework.

Technical Theatre 3-4 (Grades 11 & 12)
This course will further develop the concepts and techniques introduced in Technical Theatre 1-2 with an emphasis focusing on the use of acquired knowledge in theatrical productions. This course follows the California State Standards as outlined in the California Visual and Performing Arts Framework.
This course appears on Glendale High School’s official University of California certified “f” and “g” requirement course list.

Technical Theatre 5-6 (Grade 12)
This course will further develop the concepts and techniques introduced in Technical Theatre 3-4, with an emphasis focusing on design, stage management, and the use of acquired knowledge in theatrical productions. The student will assume leadership roles for production crews. Advanced scenic and lighting techniques will be applied. This course follows the California State Standards as outlined in the California Visual and Performing Arts Framework.

If you have questions or need additional information please contact:

Bob Briggs at [email protected]

or

Greg Williams at [email protected]

Please note: If you can’t play the video above on Safari, go into Settings, and then disable the Safari setting called Prevent Cross-Site Tracking! Thank you!